Are you wondering how to Slice an image on Cricut? Well, you are not alone! Hardly anyone knows about this Slice feature available in Design Space. But once you learn how to Slice single and multiple images on Cricut, you can create the most beautiful designs and shapes.
In this easy-to-follow tutorial, we will teach you how to Slice an image from another image or shape. This is really going to be very exciting for you as the process is relatively easy and doesn’t seem like a difficult task.
To recap, the slicing feature will be briefly discussed in the blog, and then we will move on to using the Slice feature on Design Space. Also, we will explain how to Slice multiple images. Let’s learn how to Slice on Cricut Design Space.
Before, we learned how to Slice an image on Cricut. Let’s understand the Slice tool in brief.
The Slice tool can split the two overlapped pictures or text into different parts. It actually creates the new cut paths using two images, which results in three or more new shapes.
Here’s when to use the Slice tool:
- When you want to cut out a shape from another shape.
- For cutting the overlapping shapes from another one.
- Cutting the text from a shape.
However, you can use the Slice with images and work only with the two layers at one moment. If you are working on multilayered images, then you can either choose to hide or ungroup the remaining layers so that your Slice tool will activate.
Moreover, when you perform the Slice function with hidden layers, it will remove the hidden layers from your layers panel and design screen.
In order to Slice an image on Cricut, you need to follow the instructions given below:
- First of all, arrange the images in such a way that they overlap with each other.
- After this, you need to select both images.
- For Windows/Mac computers, users need to select the images by holding the Shift or the Ctrl key on the keyword while clicking on each layer.
- When you select the layers, it will activate your Slice tool.
- Then, hit the Slice tab given at the bottom of the layer panel.
- After that, you will notice the new sliced images in the layers panel. However, hidden layers will be removed from the layers panel.
- Now, you need to separate the layers to check the new shapes. Also, you will get the duplicates of these sliced sections, i.e., a cutout from both layers.
Finally, you have learned how to Slice an image on Cricut. Next, we will learn to Slice the multiple images using Design Space.
We can also Slice the multiple images. However, the Slice will not work when you have multiple layers. In this example, we are taking a yellow circle with multiple small heart shapes. We will cut out all those small heart shapes from the yellow circle.
Follow the following points to Slice the multiple images:
- First, we will select the layers we want to cut.
- Afterward, weld the multiple hearts. To weld, you have to select the Weld tab from the lower panel.
- After welding, you will get all heart shapes combined in one single layer.
- Now, you need to overlap them on top of the star.
- Then, hit the Slice tool.
- Once the images are sliced, you will see the 3 different results, which will include pink-yellow hearts and a circle with several heart cutouts.
Note: You will be unable to separate those hearts after welding them. So, if you want to use them later, then try making a copy first and then group all of them. Afterward, hide the visibility.
The slicing feature helps the users to cut out a particular shape from the other layers or shapes. With this tool, you can cut out 2 images in one single time. However, if you want to cut out multiple images, then you will first need to weld them and then use the Slice tool. Before welding, the Slice tool will not activate. In short, the blog explains how to Slice an image on Cricut. Moreover, it teaches to cut out multiple images using the weld tool.
Answer: Slicing 2 images is easy on Cricut Design Space. For this, images must overlap each other. Furthermore, you will need to follow the below steps to Slice the 2 images.
- When it overlaps, select the layers for each image from the right layers panel.
- After selecting the layers, it will activate your Slice too.
- Then, you can click on the Slice tool to get the desirable results from your results.
Answer: Here, we are going to show you how you can Slice a shape from a simple shape. Just follow the steps given below to Slice the image:
- Firstly, you will need to overlap the shape with another shape. Place the shape where you want to cut out.
- After that, drag the mouse to select both shapes.
- Then, go to the lower panel to click on the Slice button.
- Afterward, you will get 3 separate results.
Answer: To activate the Slice option on the computer, you will need to select the overlapped images/shapes. However, on mobile devices, you will need to tap and drag the selection box around the layers so that you can select the images. Afterward, you will have to click on the Actions button so that it will activate the Slice option.